Monday, March 11, 2013

Making Leaps and Bounds!

Good morning, friends!!  I am so proud to report that my Kinders are growing by leaps and bounds.  When I first started seeing them in October, the majority of my group did not know their alphabet nor their letter sounds.  Now it is mid-March and we are just about at mastery level on all 26 letters AND sounds.  So thrilled with my kiddos' progress. They've been working SO hard.  :)

Next on our agenda is learning how to put our letter sounds together to make CVC (consonant/vowel/consonant) words.  Here is a fun little activity that I know my students will love.  
They feel so grown up when they can read and write a new word!

Thanks to Andrea Mason at i-heart-kindergarten for this fun lesson!

And, here is another awesome set of CVC pictures from Mrs. Albanese's class to jumpstart a learning lesson about sound stretching and word building.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment