Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Freebie! {Word Wall Letters}

Hi friends!
Well, summer is officially drawing to a close... Hope everyone is ready for a fantastic school year.  I was finally able to get into my classroom (I was switched to a new room over the summer) and WHOA, was it a mess!!  After some reorganizing, purging, and cleaning, I am super happy with my new space.  We lost two of our Interventionists this year- (I'll miss you Jamie and Karen!!!) so we are in the process of hiring two more before October.  Luckily this year, we are only going to be two to a room instead of three.  Can't tell you how happy I am about that.  Anyway...

Since we have a room that needs to be shared, I set up two very large free-standing white boards to bisect the room.  It helps with noise and to keep the kids from being too distracted.  I have been racking my brain trying to think of something to do with these monsters.  At first I was going to cover them just like bulletin boards or use them to hang anchor charts.  But then it hit me-  these would be perfect for constructing a word wall!  I didn't have the wall space to do that last year, and I think it would help my students so much with their sight word recognition and their writing.

I am going to use washi tape or duct tape to separate my boards into squares-  kinda like this:


So, without further ado, here is the perfect freebie this week-  an adorable chevron (it's all the rage!) word wall letters set.

Click to download


I'll try to get some before and after pictures of my teaching space put up on the blog.  Hope everyone has a great teacher work week!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment