Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's hard to believe...

but it is my very last week with my kiddos.  Our school's RtI budget has officially run out!  It has been such an amazing year.  I am happy to report that the vast majority of my students have made HUGE strides in both Reading and Math thanks to Tier II instruction.  I am submitting my collection of data to the Intervention Team on Friday.  I will be smiling ear to ear when I present this information to my principal, and I know she will be ecstatic when she sees it.  The classroom teachers and I might have even clapped giddily (and/or jumped up and down- shhhhh!) while reviewing our students' post test scores today.  It is very exciting to see such growth from children who were truly struggling in school this year.

As summer draws near, I would like to leave you with a wonderful activity for your students to remember their 2012-13 school year.  Endeavors such as these one day become special mementos- I even have a few of these childhood projects tucked away myself!  Thank you to Jessica Travis from Wild About Firsties for this adorable memory book. 

Click to Download

I wish all of my readers a very safe, happy, and relaxing summer.  Even though I will be away from the classroom, you know us teachers- we NEVER stop learning!  I will be sure to update my blog often and post about all of the exciting classroom ideas that I come across over the summer months.  Sayonara for now, sweeties!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tori!
    We just implemented RTI at my school so I will definitely be stalking your blog for insights & info! :)

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete