Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Looking For a Book to Read?

Are you an avid reader?  Are your kids avid readers?  Is trying to get your kids to read like pulling teeth?  At my house it seems that no matter how much my husband and I model this behavior and/or talk about the importance of reading, my boys just aren't buying it.  This summer is all about playing outside and cooling off with a movie or the X-Box.  Hopefully once school rolls around, they will pick up where they left off and get back on track!

I came across this wonderful list that I wanted to share with you.  NPR's 100 Must Reads for Children 9-14 is a collection of amazing stories, classic and contemporary.  Both of my sons fall in this age range, and I remember reading many of these books when I was that age ( a long, lonnnng time ago!) so I was excited about having this list as a resource.  How many of these titles have you read?


No comments:

Post a Comment