Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My little corner of the world-

I am really enjoying my new position as an interventionist at Carver Elementary.  We have a student population that is striving to meet county and state standards, but has significant obstacles.  In most elementary schools in the county, there is one interventionist that serves students who have not met benchmark scores.  At our school, we have four.  This also, unfortunately, means that we are very short on space.  I see many groups of students each week ranging from Kindergarten to Fifth Grade.  Luckily, the most I have at any one time is six students.  I like to keep my groups small so that they can receive the one on one attention they need.

I share a classroom with two other teachers- yes, that's three of us in total... And we are all conducting groups simultaneously.  It can be very challenging, but at the same time, I really like collaborating with my fellow teachers.  Here's my corner of Room 3!  :)


It's a tight fit, but I like to think of it more as "cozy"....   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment